Monday 24 September 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terry Metcalf in Seattle and Pedro Almodóvar.
Across the Wide Missouri, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. District Attorney.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1951 ?
- Terry Metcalf in Seattle: Washington, USA; NFL and Canadian Football League running back (Saint Louis Rams, Toronto Argonauts).
- Pedro Almodóvar: Spanish filmmaker, a director, screenwriter, composer and actor, a leading figure in the new Spanish cinema.
- James Baigre: Scottish murderer.
- Bruno Brel: Belgian singer and novelist, nephew of singer Jacques Brel.
- Douglas Kmiec: American scholar and diplomat United States Ambassador to Malta.
- Industrial estate at Harlow New Town UK opens
- MGM releases quotShow Boatquot musical movie.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?