Monday 24 September 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Across the Wide Missouri, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1951 ?
- Terry Metcalf in Seattle: Washington, USA; NFL and Canadian Football League running back (Saint Louis Rams, Toronto Argonauts).
- Pedro Almodóvar: Spanish filmmaker, a director, screenwriter, composer and actor, a leading figure in the new Spanish cinema.
- James Baigre: Scottish murderer.
- Douglas Kmiec: American scholar and diplomat United States Ambassador to Malta.
- Bruno Brel: Belgian singer and novelist, nephew of singer Jacques Brel.
- Industrial estate at Harlow New Town UK opens
- MGM releases quotShow Boatquot musical movie.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sin (It's No Sin) - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Patti Page - And So to Sleep Again
- Wonder Why - Vic Damone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?