Friday 24 September 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Three Coins In The Fountain by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
The Barefoot Contessa, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1954 ?
- Helen Lederer: Welsh actress and screenwriter.
- Lilian Letona: Salvadoran activist (d. 1983).
- Marco Tardelli: Italian footballer and coach.
- Stephen Jones: Art historian.
- Edward Pilgrim: British suicide hastened by bureaucracy (Born 1904).
- Tonight Show premieres on NBC (Johnny takes over 8 years later)
- Yanks tie a record, 3 of their pinch hitters strike out in 1 inning
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Smile - Nat King Cole (Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?