Sunday 24 September 1961
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Take Good Care Of My Baby by Bobby Vee.
In UK Johnny Remember Me by John Leyton was in the top 5 hits.
Paris Blues, directed by Martin Ritt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1961!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1961 ?
- Allen Bestwick: American sportscaster.
- Jack Dee: English comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Christopher Eisgruber: American lawyer and academic.
- John Logan: American screenwriter and producer.
- Luc Picard: Canadian actor director and screenwriter.
- Dillard Pruitt: Greenville, South Carolina -- PGA golfer (1991 Chattanooga Classic)
- Sumner Welles: American politician and diplomat 11th Under Secretary of State (d. 1961).
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Sacramento Valley Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Joe Dowell - Wooden Heart
- Roy Orbison - Crying
- The Jive Five - My True Story
- Elvis Presley - (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night) - Lonnie Donegan and His Skiffle Group
- Johnny Tillotson - Without You
- Bobby Lewis - One Track Mind
- The Dreamlovers - When We Get Married
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 September 1961 and get them!