Monday 24 September 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Carnival of Souls, directed by Herk Harvey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1962 ?
- Jack Dee: British comedian.
- Joseph Kennedy: II; American politician (Representative-Democrat-Massachusetts).
- Arden Knoll: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan -- Canadian Tour golfer (1994 Klondike-2nd).
- Robert Bouchet: French homicide; he killed his mother with accomplice Marie-Ange Thonin.
- Diana Kouassi: American artist and singer.
- Rosamund Kwan: Hong Kong actress
- Mike Phelan: English footballer coach and manager
- Tim Supple: English director and producer
- Ilgvars Zalāns: Latvian painter
- Ally McCoist: Scottish footballer
- Nia Vardalos: Movie Actress
- Charles Reisner: American silent actor and film director (Born 1887).
- KWSU TV channel 10 in Pullman, WA (PBS) begins broadcasting
- US Circuit Court of Appeals orders James Meredith admitted to University of Mississippi.
- United States court of appeals orders the University of Mississippi to admit James Meredith.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?