Sunday 24 September 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Swan and Frank Cornish.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai Rebellion, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Urutora sebun.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1967 ?
- Chris Swan: Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Frank Cornish: NFL center / guard (Jacksonville Jaguars, Philadelphia Eagles).
- Roland Jansen: Soccer player (Willem II).
- Noreena Hertz: English economist author and academic.
- William So: Hong Kong singer and actor.
- Cards Jim Bakken kicks 7 field goals vs. Steelers
- Sandra Haynie wins LPGA Mickey Wright Golf Invitational
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- The Association - Never My Love
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- Peter, Paul and Mary - I Dig Rock And Roll Music
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?