Wednesday 24 September 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to So What by Pink.
Finances of the Grand Duke, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 2008!
Which were the important events of 24 September 2008 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 September
- Mickey Vernon: American baseball player and coach (d. 2008).
- TV series Knight Rider debuts in the US.
- The Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago is topped off at 1,389 feet (423 m), at the time becoming the world's highest residence above ground-level.
- At least 17 civilians are killed in battles between Islamist militants and African Union peacekeepers in the Somali capital Mogadishu. (CNN)
- Subprime mortgage crisis
- President of the United States George W. Bush addresses the nation on prime time television to discuss the crisis and the Paulson plan. He warns that the United States faces a ampquotlong and painful recessionampquot if the package is not passed. (Canadian Press via Google News)
- Senator John McCain, the Republican Party nominee in the presidential election, postpones campaigning and seeks deferral of a presidential debate so that he can return to Washington D.C. to discuss the subprime mortgage crisis and the Paulson Plan. (''The New York Times'')
- President Bush invites Senator McCain, Senator Barack Obama the Democratic Party and leaders of the United States Congress to a meeting at the White House tomorrow to discuss the crisis. (AP via the ''New York Sun'')
- Preliminary findings made for the American Geophysical Union that support the Clathrate gun hypothesis, indicate the possible release of millions of tons of methane, a greenhouse gas, from Arctic seabeds. (''The Independent'')
- Tomislav Nikolić announces that his party (a splinter from the Serbian Radical Party) will be called Serbian Progressive Party and that it will be founded on 21 October 2008. (B92)
- Typhoon Hagupit hits Vietnam, the Philippines and southern China, killing at least eight. (BBC News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 September 2008 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?