Thursday 25 April 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Let's Get a Divorce, directed by Charles Giblyn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1918 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Joseph Ferrières de Sauvebœuf: French military officer in the French Foreign Legion in World War II, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Remo Brindisi: Italian artist, well known for his subjects of the peasant life.
- Gerard Henri de Vaucouleurs: French astronomer (d. 1995).
- Astrid Varnay Stockholm Sweden: soprano (Metropolitan Opera 1941-56).
- Alain Savary: French Socialist politician, deputy to the National Assembly of France during the Fourth and Fifth Republic, chairman of the Socialist Party (PS) and a government minister in the 1950s and in 1981–1984, when he was appointed by President François Mitterrand as Minister of National Education.
- Graham Payn: South African-born English actor and singer (d. 2005)
- Gérard de Vaucouleurs: French-American astronomer and academic (d. 1995)
- Astrid Varnay: Swedish-American soprano and actress (d. 2006)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Henry Burr
- Are You from Heaven? - Henry Burr
- Liberty Bell (It's Time to Ring Again) - Peerless Quartet
- I'd Like to Be a Monkey in the Zoo - Frances White
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?