Sunday 25 April 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rob Crosby in Sumter and Craig Minetto.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Three Coins in the Fountain, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Vampira Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1954 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Rob Crosby in Sumter: South Carolina, USA; country singer ("She's a Natural").
- Craig Minetto: American baseball player, pitcher for the Oakland Athletics 1978-81.
- Melvin Burgess: English author.
- Randy Cross: American football player and sportscaster.
- Róisín Shortall: Irish educator and politician.
- Joseph Hergesheimer: Novelist (Java Head).
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island atmospher
- WDEF TV channel 12 in Chattanooga, TN (CBS) begins broadcasting
- British raid Nairobi, Kenya (25,000 Mau Mau suspects are arrested).
- Bell labs announces first solar battery (New York City, New York).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 April 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?