Friday 25 April 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Twilight Time by The Platters.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Bob le Flambeur, directed by Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1958 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Fish : Scottish musician, a vocalist and songwriter, bombastic front-man with the progressive rock band "Marillion" from January 1981.
- Chris Johnson in Arcata: California, USA; LPGA golfer (1990 Atlantic City Classic).
- Fish [Derek William Dick] in Edinburgh: Scotland; rock vocalist (Marillion - "Real to Reel").
- Jennifer Murphy: American homicide attempt.
- Flab: Rocker.
- Garbo : Italian singer-songwriter and record producer, considered as one of the most important exponents of Italian new wave music.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- Pat Boone - A Wonderful Time Up There
- Ricky Nelson - Believe What You Say
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 April 1958 and get them!