Sunday 25 April 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Denis Perez and Mark Bryant.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Game Of Love by Wayne Fontana.
In UK Concrete And Clay by Unit 4+2 was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Magic Boomerang.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1965!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1965 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Denis Perez: hockey defenseman (Team France 1998).
- Mark Bryant: NBA forward / center (Phoenix Suns, Houston Rockets).
- Eric Avery: American bass player and songwriter (Jane's Addiction Deconstruction and Polar Bear).
- Simon Fowler: English singer and guitarist (Ocean Colour Scene and Merrymouth).
- John Henson: American puppeteer and voice actor (d. 2014).
- 19th NBA Championship: Boston Celtics beat Los Angeles Lakers, 4 games to 1.
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Pensacola Golf Invitational.
- On this Sunday morning teenage sniper Michael Clark kills three and wounds others shooting at cars from a hilltop along Highway 101 just south of Orcutt, California. Sixteen year old Clark kills himself as police rush hilltop.
- U.S. troops are sent to the Dominican Republic by President Lyndon B. Johnson, ampquotfor the stated purpose of protecting U.S. citizens and preventing an alleged Communist takeover of the countryampquot, thus thwarting the possibility of ampquotanother Cubaampquot.
- Vietnam War: Prime Minister of Australia Robert Menzies announces that the country will substantially increase its number of troops in South Vietnam, supposedly at the request of the Saigon government (it is later revealed that Menzies had asked the leadership in Saigon to send the request at the behest of the Americans).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- The Kinks - Tired Of Waiting For You
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Shirley Ellis - The Clapping Song (Clap Pat Clap Slap)
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?