Tuesday 25 April 1967
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra.
In UK Somethin' Stupid by Nancy Sinatra & Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Two for the Road, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1967!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1967 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Angel Martino in Americus: Georgia, USA; 50 metre/100 metre freestyle (Olympics-gold/2 bronze-1992, 1996).
- Enrico Guastalla: Italian trumpet player in the R&B/funk band 'Ladri di biciclette.
- Tim Davie: English broadcaster.
- Angel Martino: American swimmer.
- Britain grants internal self-government to Swaziland.
- Abortion legalized in Colorado, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid
- The Monkees - A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Arthur Conley - Sweet Soul Music
- Tommy James and the Shondells - I Think We're Alone Now
- The Five Americans - Western Union
- Petula Clark - This Is My Song
- The Supremes - The Happening
- Four Tops - Bernadette
- Martha & the Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?