Sunday 25 April 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pam Schaffrath in Chicago and Michelle Harris in Newark.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Hot Love by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Billy Jack, directed by T.C. Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Quentin Durward.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1971!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1971 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Pam Schaffrath in Chicago: Illinois, USA; female catcher (Colorado Silver Bullets).
- Michelle Harris in Newark: Delaware, USA; Miss Delaware-America (1996).
- Eric England: NFL defensive end (Arizona Cardinals).
- Brad Clontz in Stuart: Virginia, USA; pitcher (Atlanta Braves).
- Andrew Grigg: Canadian Football League receiver (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Tomoko Kawakami: voice actress, Japanese Seiyuu
- Todd Howard: Game Designer
- Sara Baras: Spanish actress and dancer
- Trygve Seim: Norwegian saxophonist
- Brad Clontz: American baseball player
- Max Drischner: Composer, dies at 80.
- US canal rights in Nicaragua and rights to Corn Islands expire.
- About 200,000 anti-Vietnam War protesters march on Washington DC.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Jackson 5 - Never Can Say Goodbye
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
- Neil Diamond - I Am.. I Said
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Bread - If
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- The Bells - Stay Awhile
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?