Wednesday 25 April 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree by Dawn featuring Tony Orlando was in the top 5 hits.
High Plains Drifter, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1973!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1973 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Alek Stojanov in Windsor: Ontario, Canada; NHL right wing (Pittsburgh Penguins).
- Barbara Rittner in Krefeld: German Federal Republic; tennis star (1992 Schenectady).
- Paige Gordon in North Vancouver: British Columbia, Canada; diver (Olympics-16-1992, 1996).
- Wes Martin in Calgary: Alberta, Canada; golfer (1990 Alberta Jr Masters-second).
- Carlota Castrejana: Spanish triple jumper.
- Fredrik Larzon: Swedish drummer (Millencolin and Kvoteringen)
- Olga Grey: Hungarian-born American silent actress (Born 1896).
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Carpenters - Sing
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- The Temptations - Masterpiece
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Gary Glitter - Hello Hello I'm Back Again
- I'm A Clown / Some Kind Of Summer - David Cassidy
- Little Jimmy Osmond - Tweedle Dee
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?