Sunday 25 April 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How the Universe Works.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Hammer Wars or Blade Kitten.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 25 April 2010 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 April
- The International Court of Arbitration in The Hague orders the British government to pay £400 million to Iran for an arms deal cancelled following the Iranian Revolution. (ABC News)
- 55 people are killed and 85 injured after clashes between Arab nomads from the Darfur region of Sudan and the Southern Sudan army. (AFP)
- An inquiry is launched as at least 80 schoolgirls in different Kunduz schools are poisoned this week the Taliban, opposed to female education, denies any knowledge. (Reuters)
- Zhou Qiang succeeds Zhang Chunxian as the provincial party secretary of Hunan Province in China. (China Daily)
- At least five people are killed and 20 others are injured by a bomb blast at a cafe in the Ethiopian town of Adi Haro. (Al Jazeera)
- Israeli police clash with Palestinian protesters objecting to an ampquotextremely provocativeampquot march by settlers in Silwan in East Jerusalem, calling for the removal of Palestinians who live in the area. (Al Jazeera)
- Mexican Labour Party leader in Guerrero Rey Hernández dies after being shot at least seven times outside his home in Tlacoachistlahuaca. (''People's Daily Online'')
- Nearly 100,000 people rally in Okinawa, Japan, demanding the removal of an American base from the island. (''China Daily'')
- Thousands of people rally in Beirut to ask for the separation of religion and state in Lebanon. (Al Jazeera)
- A huge fire destroys hundreds of homes and leaves thousands homeless in Quezon City, Philippines. (BBC)
- The Spanish Navy captures eight suspected pirates off the Somalia coast. (''The Washington Post'')
- The Ladies in White are stopped from marching in Havana but stand silently instead. (''The Miami Herald'')
- Cuba's Speaker of the Parliament Ricardo Alarcón challenges the United States to lift its 48-year embargo on the island if it believes Cuba benefits from the embargo, as Hillary Rodham Clinton suggested. (Channel News Asia)
- Iranian Minister for Foreign Affairs Manouchehr Mottaki meets the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna and says Iran remains interested in a nuclear fuel swap drafted by the United Nations. (Xinhua)
- London Marathon:
- Tsegaye Kebede wins the men's marathon with a time of 2:05:19 Liliya Shobukhova wins the women's marathon with a time of 2:22:00. (''USA Today'')
- Princess Beatrice of York becomes the first royal to complete the London Marathon. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Chennai Super Kings defeat Mumbai Indians to win the third Indian Premier League cricket tournament. '' Sydney Morning Herald''
- Pope Benedict XVI and his upcoming visit to Britain:
- The Vatican downplays the incident and says it will continue to visit despite the diplomatic gaffe. (''National Post'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?