Sunday 25 August 1901
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1901 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Kjeld Abell: Danish playwright / director (Tivoli).
- Auguste Pinton: Lyon 1er Politician.
- Pierre Danhiez: France Scientist.
- Clara Maass: Army nurse sacrificied her life at 25 to prove that the mosquito carries yellow fever.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- J.W. Myers - In the Shade of the Palm
- Sweet Annie Moore - Harry Macdonough & S. H. Dudley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?