Tuesday 25 August 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1914 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Alexei Haieff: Blagovestchensk, Siberia -- Composer (Princess Zondilda).
- Belgium: German army begins 6 week plundering of Leuven Belgium
- German troops march into France pushes French army to the Sedan
- German Zeppelins bomb Antwerp Belgium, 10 die
- World War I The University Library of Leuven is deliberately destroyed by the German Army. Hundreds of thousands of irreplaceable volumes and Gothic and Renaissance manuscripts are lost.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Love's Melody
- Fourth of July at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?