Friday 25 August 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Dare ga sode otôkichi, directed by Matsunosuke Onoe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Saburō Sakai: Japanese lieutenant and pilot (d. 2000).
- Marcel Domergue: French volleyball champion.
- Saburo Sakai: Japanese aviator (d. 2000).
- Erich Von Stroheim Jr: Actor / director (Napoleon, Sunset Blvd).
- Frederic Robbins: US bacteriologist.
- Van Johnson: American actor, a boyish looking red head who played in some 125 films in the '40s and '50s. At 18, he arrived in New York, a star-struck kid with $5 in his pocket and a straw suitcase containing all his worldly possessions. He danced in the chorus line in a couple of theater shows and the spotlight always found his 6'3
- Frederick Robbins: American scientist, a physician, pediatrician and Nobel Prize Winner along with Enders and Weller for Medicine and Physiology on 12/10/1954. They won the award for discovering the Ability of the poliomyelitis virus to grow in cultures of different tissues.
- US Congress establishes the National Park Service as part of the Department of the Interior.
- The United States National Park Service is created.
- U.S. President Woodrow Wilson signs legislation creating the National Park Service.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- America - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- Down Where the Swanne River Flows - Al Jolson
- Simple Melody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?