Monday 25 August 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George C Wallace and Léon Delbecque.
Der Herr der Liebe, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1919 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- George C Wallace: Clio, Alabama -- (Gov-D-Alabama) / Presidential Candidate.
- Léon Delbecque: French politician and industrialist.
- George Wallace: American politician who was the Democratic Governor of Alabama, beginning in 1963, for three terms.
- William Foster: American bandleader and educator (d. 2010).
- 1st scheduled passenger service by airplane (Paris-London)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh My Dear! - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Mammy O' Mine - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?