Monday 25 August 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George C Wallace and Léon Delbecque.
Der Herr der Liebe, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1919 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- George C Wallace: Clio, Alabama -- (Gov-D-Alabama) / Presidential Candidate.
- Léon Delbecque: French politician and industrialist.
- George Wallace: American politician who was the Democratic Governor of Alabama, beginning in 1963, for three terms.
- William Foster: American bandleader and educator (d. 2010).
- 1st scheduled passenger service by airplane (Paris-London)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 August 1919
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh My Dear! - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Mammy O' Mine - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?