Monday 25 August 1919
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Der Herr der Liebe, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1919!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1919 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- George C Wallace: Clio, Alabama -- (Gov-D-Alabama) / Presidential Candidate.
- William Foster: American bandleader and educator (d. 2010).
- Léon Delbecque: French politician and industrialist.
- George Wallace: American politician who was the Democratic Governor of Alabama, beginning in 1963, for three terms.
- 1st scheduled passenger service by airplane (Paris-London)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh My Dear! - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Mammy O' Mine - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 August 1919 and get them!