Wednesday 25 August 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Saphead, directed by Herbert Blach, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1920 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Paul Puaux: French arts festival director; he was director of the Festival d'Avignon from 1971 to 1979.
- Jef Diederen: Dutch painter.
- 1st US woman to win in Olympics (Ethelda Bleibtrey)
- Polish-Soviet War: Battle of Warsaw, which began on August 13, ends. The Red Army is defeated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - John Steel
- All the Boys Love Mary - Van & Schenck
- So Long, Oo-Long (How Long You Gonna Be Gone) - Frank Crumit
- Introduction and Tarantelle - Jascha Heifetz
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 August 1920 and get them!