Friday 25 August 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Rafter Romance, directed by William Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1933!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1933 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Patrick McManus: American journalist and author.
- Wayne Shorter: American saxophonist and composer (Miles Davis Quintet and Weather Report).
- Tom Skerritt: American actor and director.
- István Gaál: Hungarian director and screenwriter (d. 2007).
- Tom Skeritt: American actor who made his movie debut in 1962 in "War Hunt" and then landed parts in TV shows, primarily Western and war-motif episodes where his rugged good looks lend credibility to his characters.
- Tom Skerritt in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (Ryan's Four, Alien, Big Bad Mama).
- Roberto De Simone: Italian theatre director, composer and musicologist.
- The Diexi earthquake strikes Mao County, Sichuan, China and kills 9,000 people.
- Theodor Lessing is assassinated in Marienbad (Mariánské Lázně), Czechoslovakia.
- Air France begins operations with 250 planes.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?