Sunday 25 August 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jose Van Dam and Marie-Thérèse Boisseau.
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Jose Van Dam: Belgian baritone.
- Marie-Thérèse Boisseau: French politician, Secretary of State for the Disabled, 2002-2004.
- Maria Elmi: Italian television announcer, presenter, journalist, actress and singer.
- José van Dam: Belgian actor and singer.
- Wilhelm von Homburg: German boxer and actor (d. 2004).
- Jean d'Orleans: duc de Guise, Orleanist pretender to the French throne (Born 1874).
- 1st (British) night bombing of Germany (Berlin)
- 1st parachute wedding
- Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia incorporated into Soviet Union
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?