Sunday 25 August 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Killers, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1946 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Rollie Fingers: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher who played for the Oakland Athletics (1968–1976), San Diego Padres (1977–1980), and Milwaukee Brewers (1981–1985).
- Charles Ghigna: American poet and author.
- Charlie Sanders: American football player and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- Charles Ghigna (Father Goose): American poet and children's author.
- Rollis Fingers: Steubenville sports Champions.
- Melody Green: American speaker, writer and songwriter of Christian music. Her songs include "There is a Redeemer". She was married to Keith Gordon Green (1953-1982), a Christian music pianist, singer and songwriter. The notable songs they wrote together include "Your Love Broke Through", "You Put This Love in My Heart", and "Asleep in the Light".
- Larry LaRocco: (Rep-D-Idaho)
- 28th PGA Championship: Ben Hogan at Portland Golf Club - Portland, Oregon
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Rickety Rickshaw Man - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?