Friday 25 August 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1950!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1950 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Michel Desroches: French sommelier at 'Chateau D'artigny' restaurant in Montbazon since 1971.
- Nugzar Bagration-Gruzinsky: Georgian son of Petre Gruzinsky.
- Willy DeVille: American singer and songwriter (Born 1950).
- Charles Fambrough: American bassist composer and producer (d. 2011).
- Willy Deville: NYC, New York -- Rock vocalist / guitarist (Mink Deville).
- Jean-Luc Molinéris: French road bicycle racer, the son of cyclist Pierre Molineris. In 1974, Molineris won a stage in the 1974 Tour de France. In 1976, he won Paris–Bourges.
- Earl Caddock: professional wrestler (Born 1888).
- Sugar Ray Robinson knocks out Jose Basora to win middleweight boxing title.
- President Harry Truman orders the US Army to seize control of the nation's railroads to avert a strike.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?