Monday 25 August 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Little Star by The Elegants.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1958 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Saskia van Orly: Dutch singer (Tambourine).
- Sterling Harwood: American lawyer author and academic.
- Tim Burton: American filmmaker whose work has a Gothic feel, often including a quiet snowfall at night, a Christmas or Halloween scene.
- Christian LeBlanc: American actor, primarily on television, he has been seen in soap operas like "As the World Turns" and "The Young and the Restless.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Kalin Twins - When
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- Peggy Lee - Fever
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 August 1958 and get them!