Tuesday 25 August 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Three Bells by The Browns.
In UK Living Doll by Cliff Richard & The Drifters was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Lady Chatterly'S Lover by D.H. Lawrence was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1959!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1959 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Ruth Ann Swenson: American operatic soprano.
- Kiku Hamada: American photographic model whose delicate Japanese beauty was displayed in a nude centerfold in "Players" magazine September 1978.
- Ian Falconer: American author and illustrator.
- Steve Levy: American lawyer and politician.
- Lane Smith: American author and illustrator.
- Ruth Swenson: American soprano and actress
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Sammy Turner - Lavender-Blue
- Elvis Presley - A Big Hunk O' Love
- Carl Dobkins Jr. - My Heart Is An Open Book
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Part I)
- The Drifters - There Goes My Baby
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- Dinah Washington - What A Diff'rence A Day Makes
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?