Sunday 25 August 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Stray Dog, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1963 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Miro Cerar: Slovenian lawyer and politician 8th Prime Minister of Slovenia.
- Shock G: American rapper and producer (Digital Underground).
- Tiina Intelmann: Estonian lawyer and diplomat.
- Christine McGlade: Canadian actress (You Can't Do That on Television).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Randy and the Rainbows - Denise
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?