Tuesday 25 August 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Morgan Englund and Timothy Nicholson.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes.
In UK Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Mary Poppins, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match of the Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1964 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Morgan Englund: Actor (Dylan Lewis-Guiding Light).
- Timothy Nicholson: Journalist.
- Blair Underwood in Tacoma: Washington, USA; actor (Jonathan - L.A.
- Dan Parent: American comic book artist and writer.
- George Roman: American Vedic astrologer, full-time pro psychic and "The Beverly Hills Love Guru.
- Blair Underwood: American actor, handsome and clean-cut. Underwood became known for his role as Jonathan Rollins on "L.A. Law" from 1986. Independent and conscientious, he is also family oriented and married Desiree DaCosta on 9/17/1994.
- Azmin Ali: Politician
- Maxim Kontsevich: Russian-American mathematician and academic
- Vasilios Kotronias: Greek chess player and author
- Marti Noxon: American television writer and producer
- Joanne Whalley: English actress
- Singapore limits imports from Netherlands due to Indonesian aggression
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Bobby Freeman - C'mon And Swim
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- The Dave Clark Five - Because
- The Ventures - Walk..Don't Run '64
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - How Do You Do It
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?