Wednesday 25 August 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
That Funny Feeling, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1965 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Kathleen Horvath: Chicago, Illinois -- Tennis player (French Open Jr 1980).
- Nate Odomes: NFL cornerback (Seattle Seahawks).
- Cornelius Bennett: NFL linebacker (Atlanta Falcons, Buffalo Bills).
- Sanjeev Sharma: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Mia Zapata: American singer-songwriter (The Gits) (d. 1993).
- Moonlight Graham: American baseball player (Born 1879).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- The Beatles - Help!
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- Mel Carter - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
- Billy Joe Royal - Down In The Boondocks
- James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag Part 1
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?