Tuesday 25 August 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katherine "Katie" Scanlon and Ronald Waterreus.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Lovers and Other Strangers, directed by Cy Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Fall von nebenan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1970!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1970 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Katherine "Katie" Scanlon: Fairfield, Connecticut -- Rower (1996 Olympics).
- Ronald Waterreus: Soccer player (Roda JC, PSV).
- Jo Dee Messina: American country music singer.
- Robert Horry: American basketball player: forward, Lakers.
- Jo Messina: American musician.
- Claudia Schiffer: German model, considered by some to be the world's prettiest woman. She was discovered in 1988 at the age of 17 and got her career start with Elle Magazine. She has appeared on the cover of more than 400 magazines since her debut in 1987, and signed a fabulous contract with Revlon. She became engaged to illusionist David Copperfield in January 1994 and even made a guest appearance on his CBS Special, "15 Years of Magic," 5/12/1994.
- Doug Glanville: Hackensack, New Jersey -- Outfielder (Chicago Cubs)
- Debbie Graham: Walnut Creek, California -- Tennis star (1993 Taranto doubles)
- Adrian Lam: Papua New Guinean-Australian rugby player and coach
- Helena Seger: Swedish model and actress
- Tachu Naito: Japanese architect (Born 1886).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Edwin Starr - War
- Bread - Make It With You
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Ronnie Dyson - (If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?