Wednesday 25 August 1971
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1971 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Gilberto Simoni: Italian cyclist, winner of the Tour of Italia 2001.
- Mike Lockwood: professional wrestler (d. 2003).
- Felix da Housecat: American DJ and producer.
- Crash Holly: American professional wrestler (Born 1971).
- Makoto Kawahira: Hockey forward (Team Japan 1998).
- Michael Chack: Toms River, New Jersey -- Figure skater (1997 Pac Coast Sr Champ)
- Quintis "Chico" Ristie: Suriname -- Radio host
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker
- Three Dog Night - Liar
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?