Wednesday 25 August 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John.
In UK Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee was in the top 5 hits.
Burnt Offerings, directed by Dan Curtis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1976!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1976 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Sam Mackinnon: Melbourne, Victoria -- Basketball forward (1996 Olympics).
- Sarah Nadeau: Portland, Maine -- Miss America - Maine (1997).
- Céline Lebrun: French judoka who has competed in judo at both national and international level.
- Jensen Atwood: American actor.
- Alexander Skarsgard: Swedish actor.
- Damon Jones: American basketball player and coach
- Javed Qadeer: Pakistani cricketer and coach
- Alexander Skarsgård: Swedish-American actor
- Eyvind Johnson: Swedish author and academic Nobel Prize Laureate (d. 1976).
- Harm Wiersma becomes world checker champion
- Yanks beat Twins 5-4 in 19 innings
- Jacques Chirac resigns as Prime Minister of France he is succeeded by Raymond Barre.
- The first known outbreak of Ebola virus occurs in Yambuku, Zaire.
- Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld, husband of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands, resigns from various posts over a scandal involving alleged corruption, in connection with business dealings with the Lockheed Corporation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
- Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing
- Wings - Let 'Em In
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Seals and Crofts - Get Closer
- George Benson - This Masquerade
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?