Friday 25 August 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amber Le Bon and Keegan Joyce.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Little Monsters, directed by Richard Alan Greenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Polar Star by Martin Cruz Smith was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Caliber .50 or Cobra Triangle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1989 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Amber Le Bon: English fashion model, the eldest of the three daughters of Duran Duran lead singer Simon Le Bon and model Yasmin Le Bon.
- Keegan Joyce: Australian actor.
- Hiram Mier: Mexican footballer.
- Gunnar Johnsen Berg: Composer, dies at 80.
- After 12-year, 4-billion-mile journey, Voyager 2 flies over cloudtops of Neptune and its moon Triton, sending back photographs of swamps
- Tadeusz Mazowiecki is chosen as the first non-communist Prime Minister in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Mayumi Moriyama becomes Japan's first female cabinet secretary.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 August 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
- Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted
- New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
- Gloria Estefan - Don't Wanna Lose You
- Bobby Brown - On Our Own
- Karyn White - Secret Rendezvous
- Great White - Once Bitten Twice Shy
- Don Henley - The End Of The Innocence
- Jody Watley - Friends
- The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?