Friday 25 August 2006
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Babel, directed by Alejandro Gonzlez Irritu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mondenii.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Back to Stone or Warhammer: Mark of Chaos.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 25 August 2006 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 August
- Noor Mohamed Hassanali: 2nd president of Trinidad & Tobago (Born 1918).
- The United Nations Security Council approves a new peacekeeping mission in East Timor, United Nations Integrated Mission in Timor-Leste (UNMIT), which will have 1,608 police and up to 35 military liaison officers. (Xinhua News Agency)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- French President Jacques Chirac says sending 15,000 peacekeeping troops to southern Lebanon is ampquotexcessiveampquot. (BBC)
- An Aer Lingus flight from New York is evacuated at Shannon Airport following information about explosives on board the flight. (RTÉ)
- Zhao Yan, a Chinese researcher for the ''New York Times,'' is sentenced to three years for fraud in Beijing. However, he is found not guilty of leaking state secrets. (Channel News Asia)
- The Trinity Cathedral of St. Petersburg catches fire. The main dome collapses. (BBC)
- Danny Ferrer, owner of BuysUSA.com, is convicted of conspiracy and copyright infringement, sentenced to 6 years in prison, and ordered to pay more than US$4.1 million in damages to companies such as Adobe Systems, Autodesk, and Macromedia. (FOX News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?