Saturday 25 August 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
Juno, directed by Jason Reitman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Almost Dead by Lisa Jackson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 25 August 2007 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 August
- A lawyer for missing coal miners in the Crandall Canyon mine in Utah says that a sixth probe has not found enough space for the men to survive. (AP via AZ Central)
- Ongoing flooding in the midwestern United States affects six states and claim at least 26 lives (MSNBC)
- 2007 Greek fires: More than 53 people, including children, die during the Peloponnese forest fires in Greece and many are missing in burnt villages. Huge fires also occur in the Imitos mountain area, Filothei, Athens and also in the Styra, Euboea and Keratea regions. The Greek government declares a national emergency and seeks assistance from the European Union. (BBC)
- The 11th IAAF World Championships in Athletics get underway in Osaka, Japan. (BBC)
- On the 132-year anniversary of the first crossing, Bulgarian swimmer Petar Stoychev becomes the fastest person ever to swim across the English Channel. (Timed Finals)
- Voters in Nauru go to the polls for the Nauruan parliamentary election, 2007. (ABC News Australia)
- Horse racing meetings throughout Australia are cancelled due to an outbreak of equine influenza in Centennial Park stables next to Sydney's Randwick Racecourse. Peter McGauran, the Federal Minister for Agriculture, issues a 72 hour ban on horse movement throughout Australia. (ABC News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?