Monday 25 August 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Disturbia by Rihanna.
Slumdog Millionaire, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 2008!
Which were the important events of 25 August 2008 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 August
- The US Mint releases the 2008 Alaska state quarter dollar coin to circulation.
- Canadian authorities report 12 people have died in the listeriosis outbreak traced to a Maple Leaf Foods plant in Toronto. ( ''Montreal Gazette'')
- The 2008 National Convention of the U.S. Democratic Party begins in Denver, Colorado. (BBC News)
- Tropical Storm Gustav forms in the Atlantic Ocean and heads for the Dominican Republic and Haiti. (AP via ''Minneapolis-St Paul Tribune'')
- Former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif announces that he is withdrawing his Pakistan Muslim League (N) party from Pakistan's governing coalition. (''Newsweek'')
- Russia is considering arming its Baltic Fleet with nuclear warheads for the first time since the Cold War. (Alfa)
- Israel releases 199 Palestinian prisoners as a goodwill gesture to the President of the Palestinian National Authority Mahmoud Abbas as the United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice visits the area. (AFP via Google News)
- 2008 South Ossetia war:
- Traffic begins to return to Georgia's main east-west highway after the departure of Russian troops who had closed the road. (''The Moscow Times'')
- France called a summit of European Union leaders for next week to discuss the conflict in Georgia. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?