Wednesday 25 August 2010
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Piranha, directed by Alexandre Aja, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching JonTron.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 100 Rogues or CSI: Fatal Conspiracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 25 August 2010 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 August
- Battle of Mogadishu (2010):
- Clashes continue in Mogadishu after a rebel advance on the presidential palace is repelled. (Reuters)
- A military spokesperson claims that a suicide bomber was shot and killed when he tried to drive a truckload of explosives into a Mauritanian army barracks in Néma near the border with Mali. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- A string of attacks in Iraq targeting Iraqi security forces leaves at least 56 people dead. (''New York Times'')
- Actor Paul Hogan is banned from leaving Australia until he settles a multi-million dollar tax bill. (''The Australian'')
- Archaeologists working at the Umm El-Kharga Oasis, 200km south of Cairo, discover a 3,500 year old ancient Egyptian settlement. (ABC News America)
- The flight data recorder from Henan Airlines Flight 8387 is found. (BBC)
- A school bus collides with a train in Cape Town, South Africa, killing at least nine pupils and injuring five others. (AP via ''The Globe and Mail'')
- At least 20 people are killed in Democratic Republic of the Congo after a Filair plane crashes near Bandundu. (Yahoo)
- Hurricane Danielle strengthens to Category 2 on the Saffir–Simpson Hurricane Scale and heads towards Bermuda. (AP via Google News)
- The former President of the United States Jimmy Carter arrives in North Korea to negotiate for the release of United States citizen Aijalon Gomes. (CNN)
- Wikileaks publishes a CIA analysis claiming that the United States could be perceived as an ampquotexporter of terrorismampquot. (''Washington Post'')
- Mexican Naval Infantry find 72 corpses at a remote ranch in San Fernando, Tamaulipas, near the border with the US state of Texas. The victims were economic migrants from Central America and South America believed to be murdered by a drug cartel. (''Daily Mail'')
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police arrests two suspects in Ottawa for alleged terrorism offences. (CTV)
- Danny Philip, an MP from Rendova Tetepare, is elected the new Prime Minister of the Solomon Islands following the 2010 general election. Philip narrowly defeated Steve Abana with 26-23 vote total. (''Solomon Times'')
- Craig Langdon resigns as an Australian Labor Party MP of the Victorian Legislative Assembly representing Ivanhoe. (AAP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A solar system is discovered for the star HD 10180 including a possible planet 1.4 times the size of the Earth. (''New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?