Friday 25 December 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Le paralytique, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1908!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1908 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Jo-Jo Moore: American baseball player (Born 1908).
- Ernest L Massad: U.
- Zora Arkus-Duntov: Belgian-American automotive engineer (d. 1996).
- Quentin Crisp: British character, the gay author of "The Naked Civil Servant.
- Frank Ferguson: California, United States -- Actor (Wagons West, Dynamite, My Gal Sal).
- Nathan : Belgian murderer.
- Jan Seidel: composer.
- Marc Lacan: French Benedictine monk, named François, who was the youngest sibling of famous psychoanalyst Jacques Lacan. He died on 5 May 1994.
- Ernest Massad: American general (d. 1993)
- Jack Johnson KO Tommy Burns and becomes first black heavyweight champion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Herd Girl's Dream - George Stehl, Marshall Lufsky & Paul Surth
- There's No Moon Like the Honeymoon - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?