Friday 25 December 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Time Lock No. 776, directed by Hal Reid, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1914!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1914 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- James Fletcher: New Zealand businessman (d. 2007).
- Konrad Georg: German film/tv actor, popular in the TV series Kommissar Freytag.
- James Muir Cameron Fletcher: New Zealand industrialist (d. 2007).
- Jean-Louis Vigier: Corneilla del Ver EXecutives.
- Legendary / unofficial Christmas Truce takes place (Brits & Germans)
- World War I: Known as the Christmas truce, German and British troops on the Western Front temporarily cease fire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The High Cost of Loving - Elida Morris
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?