Monday 25 December 1916, Christmas
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Az ezredes, directed by Mihály Kertész, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1916 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Daniel Devoto: composer.
- Gustav Schreiber: German nazi military, waffen SS, died 5 March 1995.
- Ernest Hardin: Wheatcroft Military man.
- Ahmed Bella: Algerian soldier and politician 1st President of Algeria (d. 2012).
- St Albert Chmielowski: Polish Catholic saint (Born 1845).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Sunshine of Your Smile - John McCormack
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Columbia Mixed Quartet
- Chantique De Noel (Holy Night) - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?