Tuesday 25 December 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1917 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Lincoln Loor: Ecuadorian journalist and politician (d. 2009).
- Francis Minton: British artist, painter, gay, alcoholic, suicide, known artist & teacher at prominent london art school; heavy drinker; subject to depressions.
- Why Marry, 1st drama to win Pulitzer Prize, premieres in New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lohengrin, Act III Prelude - Boston Symphony Orchestra
- The Crucifix - John McCormack & Reinald Werrenrath
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?