Wednesday 25 December 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Das Schicksal der Maria Keith, directed by Rudolf Walther-Fein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1918 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Anwar el-Sadat: Egyptian President (1970-81, Nobel Prize 1978).
- Harley Moore: Carthage Military man.
- Ahmed Ben Bella: politician, first President of Algeria.
- Angelica Garnett: English artist and writer, the daughter of Vanessa Bell and artist Duncan Grant.
- Eddie Safranski: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Orchestra leader (Jonathan Winters Show).
- Roger Machenaud: Rennes Military man
- Anwar Sadat: Egyptian politician, President of Egypt and head of the Arab Socialist Union Party. After 30 technical years of war with Israel, he began peace gestures with Israeli P.M. Menachem Begin in November 1977. They reached a treaty agreement in 17 September 1978, for which the two men jointly won the 1978 Nobel Peace Prize.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cathedral Chimes - Prince's Orchestra
- Waltz of the Flowers - New York Philharmonic Orchestra
- While You're Away (Pack Up Your Cares in a Bundle of Joy) - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?