Tuesday 25 December 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Chimata no ko, directed by Ryôha Hatanaka, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1923 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Louis Lane: American conductor and educator.
- Celia Lipton: British actress, singer and philanthropist.
- Charles-Noël Martin: French nuclear physicist and world famous science writer.
- Rene Girard: French historian, literary critic and philosopher.
- Noëll Vandernotte: French sportman, the youngest medalist at the Olympics: he won twice the bronze in 1936 (rowing), aged 12.
- Louis Lane in Eagle Pass: Texas, USA; conductor (Oere Orchestra 1968-73).
- René Girard: Franco-American historian, literary critic, and philosopher of social science whose work belongs to the tradition of anthropological philosophy.
- Imperial Theater opens at 249 W 45th St, New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Sweetie Went Away - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?