Wednesday 25 December 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Sunnyside Up, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1929!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1929 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Christine Jones: American educator and politician (d. 2013).
- Chris Kenner: American singer and songwriter (d. 1976).
- André Debaar: Belgian actor and film director who died in Uccle on 16 February 2011.
- Irish McCalla: Pawnee City, Nebraska -- Actress (Sheena Queen of Jungle).
- Stuart Hall: Former English radio and television presenter.
- Régine : Belgian singer and owner of the nightclubs Jimmy's and Chez Régine. She dubbed herself the "Queen of the Night".
- Billy Horton: rocker (The Silhouettes - "Get a Job").
- Grimmett takes 6-146 for SA, Queensland all out 380 Crowd 5,390
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1929 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chant of the Jungle - Roy Ingraham & His Orchestra
- Ruth Etting - More Than You Know
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?