Thursday 25 December 1930, Christmas
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Amerikanka, directed by Leo Esakya, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1930 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Salah Jaheen: Egyptian poet and cartoonist (d. 1986).
- Emmanuel Agassi: Iranian boxer and father of Andre Agassi.
- Armenak Alachachian: Armenian basketball player and coach.
- Salah Jahin: Egyptian poet and illustrator (d. 1986).
- Harvey Worthington Loomis: Composer, dies at 65.
- 1st US bobsled run open to public (Lake Placid, NY)
- Mt Van Hoevenberg bobsled run at Lake Placid, New York opens
- Slinger Nitschke scores 142 South Africa versus Queensland at Adelaide before 5,422.
- Tasmania all out 280, West Indies 2-139 at Hobart Crowd 2,500.
- First US bobsled run open to the public (Mount Van Hoevenberg bobsled run at Lake Placid, New York).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Wayne King & His Orchestra - The Waltz You Saved for Me
- Something to Remember You By - Libby Holman
- You're Driving me Crazy - Nick Lucas
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?