Sunday 25 December 1932, Christmas
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Frisco Jenny, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1932!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1932 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Jose Maria Capricorne: Curacaos graphically designer / painter.
- Mabel King in Charleston: South Carolina, USA; actress (Mama - What's Happening?).
- Peter John: Swales; football club chairman.
- Mabel King: TV Actress.
- During King George V Christmas dinner speech, his chair collapes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1932 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Play, Fiddle, Play - Ted Lewis & His Band
- I've Told Ev'ry Little Star - Jack Denny & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?