Wednesday 25 December 1935, Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gunter Friedrichs and Jeanne Hopkins Lucas.
Professional Soldier, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1935!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1935 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Gunter Friedrichs: Composer.
- Jeanne Hopkins Lucas: American politician (d. 2007).
- Al Jackson: baseball player.
- Robert Bogey: France sport Champion.
- Sadiq al-Mahdi: Sudanese politician Prime Minister of Sudan.
- Stephen Barnett: American legal scholar who opposed the Newspaper Preservation Act of 1970 (d. 2009)
- Jeanne Lucas: American educator and politician (d. 2007)
- Anne Roiphe: American author and activist
- Paul Bourget: French novelist and critic who was a master of the psychological novel and a molder of opinion among French conservative intellectuals in the pre-World War I period.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1935 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Music Goes Round and Round - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- With All My Heart - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
- Stop, Look, and Listen - Joe Venuti & His Orchestra
- Eeny Meeny Miney Mo - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Helen Ward)
- Bing Crosby - Silent Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?