Monday 25 December 1939, Christmas
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Wates and Royce Applegate.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1939 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Christopher Wates: English real estate developer / multi-millionaire.
- Royce Applegate: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2003).
- Ghulam Bilour: Pakistani businessman and politician.
- Bob James: American keyboard player songwriter and producer (Fourplay).
- Akong Rinpoche: Tibetan-Chinese spiritual leader (d. 2013).
- Grimmett and Ward rip through Queensland except Bill Brown (156)
- Montgomery Ward introduces Rudolph the 9th reindeer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Chatter Box - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?