Wednesday 25 December 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Night Train to Munich, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1940 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Peter Brown: Chicago, Illinois -- Rocker.
- Pete Brown: English singer-songwriter and poet.
- Hilary Spurling: English journalist and author.
- Frans Moor: Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Phil Spector: American music producer.
- Agnes Ayres: Actress (Johnny Belinda, Sheik), dies at 42.
- Bradman out 1st ball for South Africa vs. Victoria before 6213
- Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Harts Pal Joey, premieres in New York City
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- There I Go - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
- So You're the One - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- I Give You My Word - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- Along the Santa Fe Trail - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 December 1940 and get them!