Friday 25 December 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Commandos Strike at Dawn, directed by John Farrow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1942 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Barbara Follett: Jamaican-English politician.
- Enrique Morente: Spanish singer-songwriter (d. 2010).
- Francoise Durr: .
- Mani Kaul: Director (Idiot, Nazar, Dhrupad, Duvidha).
- Barry Goldberg: Pianist.
- Françoise Dürr: French tennis player, best known for having won the singles title at the French championships, 1967 Roland-Garros (33 years before Mary Pierce). She was ranked No. 3 in the world. In 1988, she received the WTA Tour's Honorary Membership Award.
- Vera Komarkova: Russian adventurer. In a history-making all-women expedition of ten mountain climbers, Komarkova and Irene Beardsley were the only pair able to scale successfully the 26,502 feet of the great Himalayan mountain, Annapurna, in Nepal. Frostbite and other problems took a toll on the remainder of the group. They estimated that they reached the top of Annapurna about 2:00 to 3:00 PM on 10/15/1978 (28 N.34, 83 E.50). The team had devoted a year and a half in careful preparation for this great adventur
- Vojislav Vuckovic: Composer, dies at 32.
- Admiral Dalans murderer of Bosinier de la Chapelle, sentenced to death
- British Col S W Bailey reaches Mihailovics headquarter
- Russian artillery / tank battle on German armies at Stalingrad
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Moonlight Becomes You - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?