Saturday 25 December 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1948!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1948 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Alia al-Hussein: Egyptian wife of Hussein of Jordan (d. 1977).
- Joel Santana: Brazilian footballer and manager.
- Barbara Mandrell in Houston: Texas, USA; singer/TV host (Mandrell Sisters).
- Alia al Hussein: of Jordan (d. 1977).
- Joel Natalino Santana: Brazilian soccer coach.
- Barbara Mandrell: American entertainer, TV personality and singer who was twice named Entertainer of the Year, in 1980 and 1981. She received nine People's Choice Awards, six American Music Awards, Grammy's and the Music City Living Legend Award. As one of country music's brightest stars, she has been turning out hits from 1969; by the end of the '70s, her talent was fine-tuned.
- Noël Mamère: French journalist and politician. He is the mayor of Bègles in Gironde as well as deputy to the French National Assembly for that constituency. He was for several years a member of the party Europe Écologie–The Greens, but left it in late September 2013.
- Merry Clayton: Rocker
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 December 1948 and get them!